Tendulkar was Afraid of Shoaib Akhtar says Shahid Afridi

Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has backed Shoiab Akhtar's claims that Sachin Tendulkar was afraid of him. While talking to Pakistani sports channel Geo Super Afridi said:

"Yes I saw Sachin's legs trembling from square leg when Shoaib Akhtar was bowling. He [Tendulkar] was also afraid of facing Saeed Ajmal during the 2011 World Cup Semi Final against Pakistan."


Shoaib Akhtar has faced criticism from Indian fans after claiming in his book " Controversially Yours" that Sachin was scared of him.

According to an excerpt from the book, Shoaib says, “"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time I saw him walk away from me-that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad."