Shoaib Akhtar Won't play Sri Lanka Premier T20 League

Retired Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has pulled out of the Sri Lanka Premier League T20 citing personal reasons.

"My parents are old and I want to spend time with them," said Akhtar talking to ESPNcricinfo. "I also don't want to play or want to be on the ground anymore. I'm not even coming back for a job in cricket or anything, but if some youngster needs my help I'll visit from time to time to help them but no more of this game. 

"I want to explore other parts of the world now. I played this game for 18 years and I don't want to spend another 18 years in that scenario anymore. I am going to be involved in charity work from now on." 

Akhtar added that he will only return to cricket if a young player needs his help.”I played the game for well over 14 years so now I don’t want to play, but if any youngster needs my help and guidance only then I will step onto the field,” said Akhtar.

Shoaib started his career in 1997 and took 178 wickets in 46 Tests, plus 247 wickets in 163 one-day internationals