Shoaib Malik Hopeful of a Comeback to Pakistan Team

Former Pakistan captain Shaoib Malik is still hopeful that he can make an early return to national duty in spite of being snubbed repeatedly by the country’s cricket chiefs in recent times.

Malik, 29, last played for Pakistan in the Test series against England in August 2010, told reporters that he is working hard on his game and is confident of returning to international cricket soon.

“Cricket is my passion and I am completely focusing on it right now,” said the allrounder, who is reportedly on a PCB blacklist for suspected links to bookies.

“I am keeping myself busy by playing club cricket to maintain my form and fitness. I have also attended 40-hour yoga classes recently and I am fit as ever.

“I only believe in my game and I am hopeful I will win my place (in the national team) by proving my worth.”

There have been reports that Malik has not been cleared for national duty by the PCB Integrity Committee. But the Sialkot-born player made it clear that he hasn’t been told anything about his case by the PCB.

“There is no official version by PCB on my case and I cannot comment on it further. I did my job and now it is up to the board to decide my case.”