I am not nervous about the World Cup says rookie Junaid Khan

21 year old left arm pacer Junaid Khan who has replaced the injured Sohail Tanvir in the Pakistan World Cup squad , has said that he is not nervous about making his ODI debut in the biggest cricketing event.

Talking to PakPassion.net Junaid said "I'll treat it as just another game of cricket,". "I've represented my country at junior levels and Pakistan A, so I know what the responsibility of playing for your country is like. I don't think I'll have any nerves and I'm confident I can handle the situation."


Junaid was selected after impressing everyone in the domestic circuit with his superb bowling , he has 167 first class wickets to his name in 35 matches at an average of 21.

"I've been working so hard over the last couple of seasons and I feel that I have consistently improved as a bowler. I've also been working hard on my batting and I feel that my callup for the World Cup is warranted as I have done consistently well at all levels for Pakistan. My family and I are praying that the World Cup goes well for myself and Pakistan and that we come home with the Trophy in our hands."

Pakistan India clashes always brings out the best from the two countries and Junaid is looking forward to meeting India at the World Cup. "Just getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a dream come true for me," Junaid said talking to Geo Super. "But if we get to play against India in the World Cup, it would be a blast to bowl at Tendulkar and get him out. It is an ambition for me." .