Liverpool close to signing Cristian Zapata from Udinese

Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal with Udinese for highly rated Colombia international defender Cristian Zapata according to SkySports.

The versatile 24-year-old can operate anywhere in the back four was also being linked with a move to Bayern Munich. But now it looks like that Liverpool have all but secured his signature.

Zapata, who is currently preparing for Copa America was speaking to Colombian radio  La FM. He said, “I don’t know what to say, I can say that I’m very close to Liverpool. After the Copa America, we will see what happens. I have gained experience, but the time has come for me to make the jump to a big team.”

Zapata played a crucial role in Udinese securing Champions League Football next season. The two-footed Zapata who generally plays as a center-back is comfortable slotting in at full-back.