Mayweather Fights Larry Merchant | Video Post Match Interview

As he always does after big fights, Merchant stepped into the ring after Mayweather beat Ortiz and began to pepper Mayweather with tough questions. But these questions were tougher than most because the circumstances were unprecedented: Mayweather had just knocked Ortiz out at a point when the referee had appeared to call time out, and the fans at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas were loudly booing Mayweather, rather than celebrating his latest victory.

As Merchant's questions heated up, Mayweather became enraged.

"HBO needs to fire you," Mayweather screamed. "You don't know s--t about boxing."

The 71-year-old Merchant replied, "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass."

With that, Mayweather stormed off, and Merchant began to interview Ortiz, who was much more mild-mannered. But once the interview with Ortiz was over, Merchant returned to the subject of his own confrontation with Mayweather.

"I don't really think I could have kicked his ass 50 years ago, but I would have tried it," Merchant said.