Ricky Ponting will play for Hobart Hurricanes | Big Bash T20

Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting will play for the Hobart Hurricanes in the new Twenty20 Big Bash League.
Western Australia batsman Adam Voges has also been unveiled as another prized recruit of the Stars, along with Victorian skipper Cameron White, batsman David Hussey and former Queensland captain Chris Simpson.

Tasmania-born Ponting expressed a desire to play for his home city even though he now lives in Sydney.

"I've always said whenever I can I will be playing cricket for Tasmania," Ponting said.

"My heart and soul is into playing cricket for Tasmania and I will do it as often and as much I can.

"I've actually made some sacrifices to keep it that way. I haven't been able to train with a state squad the last few years for the fact I feel uncomfortable going to train with NSW.