Maxi Rodriguez Wants Newell's Return

Liverpool’s Maxi Rodriguez has admitted that he wants to return to his boyhood club Newell’s Old Boys, in a recent interview.

Rodriguez, 30, scored two hat-tricks in three games towards the end of last season, has spoken with Newell’s president Guillermo Lorente and is hopeful of completing a switch.

Maxi started off his career with Newell’s in 1999 before moving to Espanyol in 2002, and despite going on to play for Atletico Madrid and Liverpool since then the Argentine insists he has always had his heart set on a return home.

“When I left here, I knew I was coming back.” said Maxi.

Maxi also revealed that he has already had talks with Newell’s president Guillermo Lorente, and is hopeful that a deal can be agreed to free him from his current contract.

“The president (Lorente) called me and I told him yes,” Maxi told La Capital on Tuesday afternoon.

“Now it all depends on the contract I have with Liverpool, that maybe can be loosened a little.”

Also In the News: Liverpool can challenge for title says Suarez.

 Via: Kopsource.com