John Flanagan voted Reserve Team Player of the Year

John Flanagan has been named the club's reserve team Player of the Year after a brilliant season for the youngster in which he broke into the club's starting XI towards the end of the season.


He received 41 per cent of the votes conducted by a poll on the club's official website, putting him a clear first ahead of Spanish youngster Suso who claimed 30%, and Daniel Pacheco who received 8% of the total votes.

Talking to Liverpoolfc.tv, Flanagan said: "First of all I would like to thank all the supporters because it is special having them vote for me, especially with me being a local lad.

"It's been a fantastic season for me and the fans are always brilliant with me.

"I would also like to thank Frank McParland, Rodolfo Borrell and Pep Segura at the Academy and our former reserve-team boss John McMahon. They have all been a big help for me."