Arshad Khan, former Pakistan spinner, drives a taxi in Sydney



Former Pakistan off-spinner Arshad Khan who represented Pakistan in 58 One Day Internationals and 9 tests in now driving a taxi in Sydney to make both ends meet.

Facebook user, Ganesh Birle shared the information on his facebook profile on Monday and claimed that he was surprised when the Uber taxi driver he traveled with turned out to be none other than the former Pakistan off-spinner Arshad Khan. Birle wrote, 'He was the driver of our cab and we started chatting, he told me that he is from Pakistan and lives in Sydney. Also that he has been to Hyderebad many times when he was playing for Lahore Badshahs something in ICL. After which I asked him his full name and then I was shocked to see his face which I could partially recognize. I shook has his hand and left. (sic)'.


'He was avoiding the conversation all the time, but at the same time he couldn’t help but talk about his India connection. Imagine he introduced himself as ‘I from Pakistan [sic] but I have been here in Sydney for long time now’. Also like a good Uber driver he offered us water and stuff when we sat in the car.'

The facebook post by Birle can be seen here.