Manchester United vs New York Cosmos Live Streaming [Scholes testimonial]

Live Streaming Manchester United vs New York Cosmos August 5, 2011[Paul Scholes testimonial]

Kick Off Time: 19:30 BST.

Manchester United will host The New York Cosmos – who will assemble their squad, for this match only, with a combination of players from around the world personally invited by Honorary President PelĂ© and Director of Soccer Eric Cantona to represent the legendary American club (final roster to be announced). This will be The New York Cosmos’ first match in over 25 years, with a 40th Anniversary match in New York City being planned for the fall.

Says Sir Alex Ferguson of Manchester United, “It will be fantastic for the fans to be able to bid farewell to this exceptional footballer. The accolades he’s received have been well deserved, but for me, Paul is one of those players who turns up, plays his football and it is that natural ability that makes Paul unique and revered by many, including myself. Now from one great player to another, Eric Cantona. I am going to relish this touchline showdown, one Gaelic mind to another. Neither of us will want to lose this one, it is sure to be a great night and a well- deserved recognition for Paul.”

Adds Scholes, “This is going to be a big night for me and my family, but one which I intend to enjoy and I will savour every moment. I have spent my whole footballing life at Manchester United, so this will be an emotional farewell. This club is special in many ways, but the fans are the best and I have always appreciated their support throughout my career. I hope they enjoy the night, especially seeing the Boss and Eric battling it out in front of the dug outs.”