Ronaldo considered Manchester City move

Cristiano Ronaldo has pledged to stay at Real Madrid but has revealed that if fellow Portuguese Jose Mourinho had left the club at the end of last season he would have followed his coach out of the exit door, with Manchester City the winger's most likely destination. 

The Portuguese superstar, who beat Lionel Messi to last season's Pichichi after scoring 40 La Liga goals, says that while he has loved playing for Los Blancos, he would have had to seriously consider his future if recent reports linking Mourinho to a return to Chelsea had turned out to be true. 

"I think if I went from Spain it would be to the Premier League - but not now," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by the Sunday Mirror. "First we have to win the Champions League. If I went back to the Premier League it would have to be with a club in the north west. I don't like London. 

"It's flattering to be offered like £20 million a year - it's very good, but I spoke to my agent and I think it's better to stay in Madrid because this year we're going to be the best. This season we are going to be a big force.

"Jose Mourinho is staying at Madrid so I stay. If he went to Chelsea then I would have left. I would have gone to Manchester City. But now he's staying, I'm staying."